Your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. Every day we are receiving new updates of the impact of COVID-19 and how it is impacting our community and our business. During this uncertain time, we hope to instill confidence in our travelers and provide flexibility while many other variables remain a mystery. Through all of this, we hope that we will continue to foster more unity, kindness, and peace in a world that feels chaotic.
Internally we are working with our COVID-19 Response Team, to proactively protect our team members and rental guests. We are also staying abreast the latest information from the CDC and WHO to navigate our next steps forward in a constantly changing environment. By implementing additional cleaning measures and business protocols, we will continue doing our part to keep everyone healthy.
We will stay abreast of the dramatically changing environment and will assist our travelers as best as we can.
- Disinfecting hard surfaces including but not limited to kitchen countertops, bathroom surfaces, and handrails
- Washing all linens and soft surfaces
- Opening windows to allow for circulation
Below are the specific policies that we are abiding by currently, these are subject to change. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.
CDC International Travel and Testing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
CDC General Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Team at Elite Destination Homes
For our travelers, we are currently offering our 60 day cancellation policy. If your contract states that you booked under the 30 day policy that contract is valid. If there should be a resurgence of Covid-19 we will reevaluate our policy at that time.
Refunds will be considered if the cancellations are related to COVID-19, below are some examples, but not limited to:
- The guest’s country of origin has been determined to be a COVID-19 risk, therefore the destination in which your vacation rental is located will deny these travelers entry.
- The airlines have canceled flights from the guest’s home country to your vacation rental destination (flight changes do not qualify).
- Border of country of destination, or border of country of departure is closed due to Covid-19.
Please note: due to the unprecedented volume of travel disruptions, refunds may take from 15 to 30 days to be applied to your account as they are processed through the banking system.
***Please note, the below information is subject to change, please visit the tourism page for your destination to see the most up to date information.
Beginning September 1st Turks & Caicos Islands is mandating all visitors 16 years and over be fully vaccinated before allowed entry into the country. Travelers will be required to present proof of vaccination through TCI Assured portal prior to entering the country. The vaccines that are currently being accepted are Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Comirnaty, Spikevax, and Vaxzevria.
Visitors aged 10 – 15 years old do not need to be vaccinated but must present a negative COVID-19 test result. Exempt visitors include only those with clear proof from a doctor that they are medically exempt from taking the vaccine and will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test prior to traveling.
In order to enter the Turks and Caicos Islands, travelers must comply with the TCI Assured program. By providing uploaded the required documents, each traveler will receive a TCI Assured sticker that is required to board the departing flight to TCI.
1. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must be taken within 3 days of your arrival date for all members traveling over the age of 10.
2. Medical/ Travel insurance that covers medevac and medical care on island. Elite offers a policy through Generali Travel Insurance. Each policy covers up to 10 guests. Elite will provide a link to purchase this prior to your stay.
a. If someone in your party contracts COVID-19 and prevents your party from traveling, your refund will be processed by the Insurance company of your choice
3. Completed a health screening questionnaire
Proof of all of the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured which will be available on the Tourist Board’s website. Opens 5 days prior to your stay. For more information or to apply for your TCI sticker click here: https://travelauthorisation.turksandcaicostourism.com/public
Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler.
The full list of acceptable Covid 19 tests is now PCR, NAA, RNA or molecular tests , with accepted samples being either nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal , and Antigen tests with accepted samples only being nasopharyngeal.
To clarify , the only Covid-19 tests which currently qualify for entry into TCI require the following:
• Abbott ID NOW rapid molecular NAAT Covid test
• The test must be a molecular assay type , PCR Covid 19 test
• The test itself has to be FDA, EUA approved – the lab in which the test is administered will be able to confirm this
• The types of test that will be accepted are PCR, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR , so only test results with those abbreviations will be accepted
• The sample type can only be nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal – any test sample referred to simply as “nasal” or “saliva” will be rejected . Abbreviations for the accepted sample types are NPS, NASOP, OPS
• The test results must show the travelers information, the date the sample was collected and tested, and the sample type
Any of the following test types and results will be rejected :
• Sample type Nasal or Saliva
• Antibody tests
• Home test kits
Available Testing Information
Please note while we offer the below advice on this matter, guests are directly responsible to book their own appointments, and should do so well in advance to ensure availability.
For further questions, and to ensure the below information is valid at your time of booking, please contact your chosen testing facility directly:
• Offers PCR Tests only – cost is up to $185 USD per person – They process the tests in house and currently have a 24 hour turnaround
• Appointments can be made by email : email@example.com Would suggest making appointment at least 2-3 days in advance if not earlier
• Contact #s: 649-946-8308 and 649-231-1184
• For anyone who wishes to visit the facility for their test , they are located in the Graceway IGA Plaza
• An outcall service is provided where they will come to the villa to take the samples. Outcall fee: Up to 5 persons $125 USD, 6-10 persons $200, Over 10 people is an additional $30 per person
• Payment by cash or credit card only
• International Insurance not accepted
Grace Bay Medical Centre
• Offers PCR Tests only – Cost is up to $215 USD per person
• Their samples are sent off to a lab for Miami to process. Turnaround time is generally 2 business days
• All samples need to be collected before 10am in order to be sent to the lab the same day. As a result of that all appointments for tests at the clinic are scheduled at 8.30am and a line is formed.